To Social Workers: PLEASE read the guidelines below and do not submit applications that do not meet the following criteria. We are currently receiving record-breaking numbers of applications and appreciate your cooperation.
Also, please have all vendor, insurance, income/expenses information ready before beginning the application. You may not save and return later.
- Financial assistance applications for living donors must be submitted at least 1 week before the date of the surgery.
- This gives us enough time to process the application and have a financial decision for the applicant, so we can either release the funds to their vendors on the day of the surgery or they can plan for other sources of assistance if their application is denied.
- Maximum amount of grant is $1,000. Please do not request any amount above that number because it leads to confusion with funds distribution later in the process.
- Living donors must be employed in order to qualify for financial assistance though our Foundation.
- We compensate for the wages lost during the recovery period, so the applicant must be employed and experience a loss of income while recovering from the surgery.
- We will send the checks to vendors of approved living donor applicants after the surgery has been confirmed by the Social Worker.
- Vendors include, but are not limited to, electricity/gas company, mortgage/rent company, vehicle payment/insurance company
- Checks may not be processed by the vendors immediately. Please allow 3 weeks for the checks to be credited. At that time, if checks have not cleared, please contact us.
- Financial assistance applications for transplant recipients must be submitted after the surgery.
- We help with medication co-payments and insurance premium payments only.
- Maximum amount of grant is $500.
- When filling out an application, please include as much detail as possible about the patient in the Reason for Referral section.
- Every application that we process is presented to our Board of Review members who ultimately vote on the funding decision. The more details we have about the patient, the more likely the application is to be approved.
- Please double check the Household Revenue and Expenses section.
- The “Household Wages Contributed by Others” line refers to the income other members of the household contribute to the total household income. Together with the Wages Contributed by Patient, the figures must add up to the Total Household Income.
- If the Expenses figure is significantly lower than the Total Household Income, please provide additional information on why this particular patient is in need of outside financial assistance and is unable to save the excess income.
- If the Expenses are significantly higher than the Total Household Income, please provide an explanation of how the family is affording their monthly expenses and what is their long-term plan for covering their monthly expenses after potentially receiving a one-time financial assistance grant through our Foundation.
- Vendor information:
- If incorrect vendor information is provided on a patient application, they are at high risk of not receiving funding. Please supply full and correct vendor names, addresses, account numbers, and amounts.
Thank you for all your hard work and everything you do for transplant recipients and living donors. It has been a pleasure working with all of you in the past year. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
All applications must be submitted online. Please click the button below to begin the process.
The Patient Assistance Program is designed for the most vulnerable patients with significant financial hardship.
Referrals and requests for funding may only be made through social workers and transplant coordinators. Individuals seeking assistance should contact their assigned social worker at their personal transplant center for details.
Patient Assistance Program – Quick Links:
American Transplant Foundation’s Patient Assistance Program is designed to provide lifesaving monetary assistance for the most vulnerable patients with significant financial hardship. By offering grants to living donors and transplant recipients, the Foundation aims to help those who need it most. Our goal is to provide support so they won’t be in a financial trouble after giving the Gift of Life.
By working closely with transplant centers, the Foundation takes case referrals and requests and, based upon funds availability and patient eligibility, will provide assistance to those most in need. This is the only program of its kind that is available nationwide that provides emergency financial assistance grants to transplant recipients and living organ donors, regardless of their legal status.
The Patient Assistance Program is funded entirely with individual donations. Many of our volunteers go the “extra mile” to raise funds, and it is our responsibility to ensure that we help those families who need it the most.
Grants are one-time, up to $500 for transplant recipients and up to $1,000 for living donors, and are awarded to patients in two categories:
- Helping transplant recipients pay for anti-rejection medications taken to prevent organ rejection.
- Supporting living donors with financial assistance during their recovery period, thus eliminating barriers faced by those who wish to give the Gift of Life. (Grant requests must be received prior to donation and, if approved, will be funded on the day of the surgery.)
The PAP is funded exclusively through donations and funds raised by the Transplant Leadership Council (TLC). Members of the TLC review all grant applications.
You can make a donation in honor or in memory of someone here.
For more information, please email: email@example.com
Through its Patient Assistance Program, ATF supports patients in 45 states with a specific focus on Colorado.
Here are tools for social workers to help guide through the application process. These forms will not be accepted as official applications; all applications must be submitted online.
*Note: THIS ARE GUIDES- APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THE LARGE YELLOW BUTTON ABOVE.*