Team Transplant’s Twitter contest wins one follower a free cycling jersey!
In the run up to National Donate Life Month (April), the American Transplant Foundation held a special Twitter contest March 25th where we asked Team Transplant’s Twitter followers to tell us why they support organ and tissue donation. We picked our favorite tweet from the many we received and the author won a free 2010 Team Transplant jersey (left)!
Though we enjoyed reading all the tweets we received, we could only pick one winner! The winning tweet was:
- @Rockdog7711: It’s a way to be a hero & make sure your legacy lives on. By giving hope and strength to others with your gift of life!
Here are just a few of the many notable tweets we received:
- @Patrick_Morgan: I support organ and tissue donation because of a donor’s love and generosity I have been given a life with my mother.
- @Ddavenport: I support organ donation to honor the gift of lungs from a 19yr old that keeps me alive.
- @Tim_mer: My liver transplant not only saved my life, it’s improved my life!
- @readysteadystop: I support organ & tissue transplants because it’s a gift of life for so many people. And I like to recycle ;D
- @HeartTXXX: i support organ donation because someone did it for me 🙂 #donatelife
- @KMunoz28: I support because one day a donor will save my life and give me more time with my husband and 2 little boys.
- @avonstephsnook: I am a soon to be kidney donor to my mom
Thank you to each and every person who participated! Make sure you are following Team Transplant on Facebook, too. We’ll announce a special contest for our team’s Facebook fans soon!
Team Transplant is the American Transplant Foundation’s charity cycling team riding in the 2011 Subaru Elephant Rock to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation and to celebrate the lives saved through transplantation. Learn More
American Transplant Foundation on Twitter | Team Transplant on Twitter
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!