On Sunday, June 3rd, Team Transplant had both an incredible showing and a really fun time at the 2012 Subaru Elephant Rock. Visit Team Transplant’s 2012 participant page to view the team roster and final fundraising totals!
Did you missed out on cycling with Team Transplant? For the first time ever, you can RUN with Team Transplant at the 2012 Denver Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation! Learn More
The Elephant Rock is the largest cycling event in the Rocky Mountain region, and Team Transplant had the largest charity team for the fourth year in-a-row! Here are our 2012 team totals:
- 132 team members cycled courses ranging from 7 to 100 miles to raise money and awareness to support organ and tissue donation.
- 23 living organ donors and transplant recipients were on the team:
- 9 living kidney donors (plus two who volunteered at the event!)
- 7 kidney recipients
- 4 liver recipients
- 3 heart recipients
- From team members and sponsors, Team Transplant raised over $90,000. This was Team Transplant’s most successful year yet!
- The top three fundraisers for 2012:
- R. Stanton Dodge – $7,005
- Brian Cerise – $5, 576
- Vienna Danna – $3,230
- The top Sub Teams for 2012 and their captains:
- Organ Grinders – $7,780.21 – Brian Cerise
- Vienna 777 – $3,530 – Vienna Danna
- Team Rockman – $2,720 – Matthew Ferer
- Living Donors Rock & Ride – $2,650
- West Metro Firefighters – $2,350 – Russ Cupps
- Taking Care of Uncle Rick’s Parts – $2,314 – Angela Hillsten
One of our top fundraisers for the second year in-a-row was Vienna. She is seven years old, and received a lifesaving liver transplant before her first birthday. Last year, Vienna rode the kids race (and won!), but this year she cycled the 7-mile course!
Colorado Lt. Governor Joe Garcia, our Team Captain for the 62-mile course, gave a great speech at the event about the importance of organ donation and, specifically, living donation. Garcia reminded thousands at the event that we all have the power to save a life! He presented Vienna with her Team Transplant Champion jersey, earned only by raising $1,000 or more.
You can view more photos on our Facebook album. (You do not need a Facebook account to see the photos!)
We are grateful to all team members for their support, and we also wish to extend a big ‘thank-you’ to our sponsors:
no images were found