We have lots of GOOD NEWS to share! This year we delivered crucial financial support to 142 living donors and transplant recipients, the largest number among independent nonprofits who don’t receive government funding.
We also provided 1,400 transplant referrals to potential living donors through our Living Donor database.
We believe anyone who needs an organ transplant, should receive one.
We’re working hard to make this a reality. As a Colorado-based organization, we’re hoping our efforts here will become a model for other states to follow.
Here are our end-of-year highlights:
- Living Donor Support Act. We helped pass a first-of-its-kind Living Donor Rights legislation in the US; we hope other states will follow this progressive action.
- 1+1 = LIFE Mentorship Program. We’ve significantly grown this program to 200+ mentors who’ve supported 73 transplant surgeries to date. It’s also now available in 11 languages!
- Colorado Transplant Centers Roundtable. We organized a first annual gathering of state-wide transplant centers to strengthen partnerships and increase living donors support.
- 2018 American Society of Transplantation Advocacy Award. It was a special honor for our founder Steve Farber to receive recognition from the prestigious American Society of Transplantation!
- #GivingTuesday. This year’s fundraising campaign was a huge success! To date, we’ve raised over 97% of our end of year goal from 55 donors.
Thank you for your continued support!