In need of a living donor?
Check out our recommended steps below.
- Read our FAQs and Facts and Myths about transplants and information about living donation.
- Speak to your doctor or transplant center about your options. You can research transplant centers near you here by selecting the needed organ and zip code at the top of the page.
- Speak to your friends and family and help educate them about transplants and living donation. Consider identifying a champion, someone who can advocate on your behalf and help you through the process. You don’t need to ask others to become your living donor, but it is crucial to share your story and let them know you are in need of a living donor.
- We can help! Get one-on-one support from a trained mentor who has gone through the process before in our 1+1=LIFE Mentorship Program. Mentors can help you build an individualized strategy for finding a living donor including information and help with:
- Speaking to your family and friends about your situation
- Sharing your story with co-workers, community organizations, and social groups
- Sharing your story with newspapers, magazines, and social media
- Creating an online profile (for potential kidney recipients) to share your story with our Potential Living Donors who are interested in saving a life. Once you’ve signed up as a Mentee, we will send you a link to set up your profile, which you can share in your community campaigns.