personal Fundraising Tips
There are many ways that you can raise funds to meet your TLC Annual Commitment. While TLC members use various methods for personal fundraising, most members combine a personal donation with donations made on their behalf. Please continue reading to learn more about how you can raise funds, join this dynamic group of young professionals, and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable transplant patients! You can also Review our More Ways to Give Page for additional ideas on how to contribute to our mission.
To reach your personal fundraising goal, the key to success is simple—all you have to do is ask!
Participate in Team Transplant Events
Many TLC members raise funds by participating in Team Transplant events and asking friends, family members, and supporters to make donations on their behalf. While the vast majority of these events take place in Colorado, we invite members from anywhere in the country to join Team Transplant and attend athletic events in their own area. We also invite members to act as Team Captains in their home-state and create their own local Team Transplant sub-team.
Letter or E-mail Writing Campaign
A letter or e-mail writing campaign is the easiest and most effective way to raise money. Use the sample email templates and customize them with your photos, quotes and personal connection to transplant. Ask friends to donate money to support you as you ride and raise money for this worthy cause. If you have been touched by organ donation or transplantation personally or through a friend or family member, be sure to share your story in your letter.
Create Your Personal Fundraising Campaign Page in Classy
Our Foundation uses Classy as our official donation platform. You can create your own personalized fundraising page through this platform that gives you the opportunity to share your connection to the transplant community. This also allows donations to go directly to the TLC commitment fund which directly helps patients in need. Click here to create your personalized fundraising page.
Social media is a great way to get the word out about your fundraising campaign. If you have created a personal campaign page on Classy, our official donation platform, you can easily provide the link on all your social media pages. In doing a fundraising campaign, it's important to multiple social media platforms.
Host a Fundraising Event
An event is a fun way to share your fundraising mission with others while spreading the word about the importance of organ and tissue donation. Some examples are:
- Happy hour event
- Poker tournament
- Shared profit night at local movie theater, bowling alley or restaurant
- Athletic/gym focused event
- Employee lunch event at your workplace
- Ice cream social
- Bake sale
- Corporate events through your workplace
General Fundraising Tips
Regardless of the type of fundraising method you choose to utilize, there are a handful of things that you can do to ensure that your efforts are successful!
- Become well-informed about organ transplantation so that you can easily share information with others.
- Understand what the Patient Assistance Program does and why your TLC commitment is so important in helping vulnerable transplant patients.
- Use plenty of pictures. Images are a great way to get others interested in hearing your story.
- Don't be afraid to ask! People are always happy to donate to a good cause if they can.
- Ask for "in-kind" donations. Many businesses are willing to provide in-kind donations to support causes such as yours. For example, a pizza parlor may not be able to provide a financial donation to you but may be willing to donate pizzas for a fundraising lunch that you are hosting.
- Personally thank your donors. Whether it's in person or via social media, always make sure to show your gratitude to your donors.
- Have fun! Through raising funds and participating in TLC, you are making a difference in the lives of those who need it the most. Show yourself some gratitude and enjoy the experience.