165 Riders – 24 Transplant Recipients – 12 Living Donors – 1 Ambition : SAVING LIVES!
On Sunday, June 2nd, the American Transplant Foundation’s charity cycling team – Team Transplant – rocked the 2013 Subaru Elephant Rock Cycling Festival!
View photos from Team Transplant 2013!
The Subaru Elephant Rock is the largest cycling event in the Rocky Mountain region, and Team Transplant had the largest charity team for the fifthyear in-a-row!
Check out all that 2013 Team Transplant accomplished:
- 165 team members cycled courses ranging from 8 to 100 miles to raise money and awareness to support organ and tissue donation!
- 24 transplant recipients – including heart, lung, kidney and liver recipients – rode to prove the lifesaving power of organ donation!
- 12 living organ donors rode to prove that living donors can lead incredibly active lifestyles even after donating!
- Team Transplant raised over $90,000 to support the lifesaving initiatives of the American Transplant Foundation!
A tremendous THANK YOU to every single rider who helped make 2013 the most successful year in Team Transplant history!
Watch our 2013 Team Transplant video!
A special round of applause for the top three fundraisers of 2013:
- Brian Cerise – $6,880
- Vienna Danna – $5,000
- Jeff Leone – $3,000
The top Sub Teams for 2013 and their captains:
- Organ Grinders led by Brian Cerise (living donor) – $9.775
- UCH Transplant Trekkers led by Steve Crider (living donor) and Amanda Treharne – 2013 largest sub team with 20 riders – $5,919
- West Metro Firefighters led by Russ Cupps (living donor) – $5,730
- Tandem for Life led by Jeff Leone (kidney recipient) and Robyn Leone (living donor) – $5,640)
- V.V’s Rock Stars led by Vienn Danna (liverrecipient) ($4,915)
You can view more photos on our Facebook album. (You do not need a Facebook account to see the photos!)
Team Transplant could not have been successful without the support of our sponsors! A big thank you to: